30 Aug Putting together pop up wedding invitations!
Posted at 09:14h in Tutorial
Hey- so here’s a little tutorial on putting together your pop up invitations (yay!)
Pieces to Invitation:
– 5×7 Folded Card
– Couple Piece (scored where couple’s feet are)
– Tab Piece (1.5” long. Scored twice at .5” mark
– Belly Band
– Square Tag
– E600 Glue (http://www.walmart.com/ip/E6000-Jewelry-And-Bead-Adhesive-With-4-Precision-Applicator-Tips-For-Jewelry/35437096) Get the one with the precision tip- as long as it has a pointed tip it’s fine. You can find these at Walmart in the craft/jewelry section.
– Permanent Glue Runner- You can get these at Walmart or Joanne Fabrics
Steps to assembling pop up invitations:
1) Open Folded Card
2) Put E600 on the bottom of the tab on the couple piece
3) Place the couple piece on the bottom of the card. Line the tab up approximately where the card folds.
4) Put E600 on the bottom of the 1.5” tab piece
5) Place this piece on the back of the couple, somewhere in the middle (more toward the bottom than the top) This doesn’t have to be exact
6) Put E600 on the other end of the tab, fold the tab down
7) Close the card carefully
8) Place under something heavy and wait for the E600 to dry
9) Watch it POP!
Steps to assembling the belly band for your invitations
1) Center invitations over belly band
2) Fold the bellyband over the sides of the invitation
3) Use the glue runner to put some glue where the paper overlaps
4) Put glue on the back of the square tag
5) Affix the square tag to the bellyband
6) You’re done!
Tips & Tricks:
– If the pieces slide a little with just the E600, use the tape runner first, then the e600
– You only need a small amount of E600
– It takes at least 5 minutes to dry a little, but 24 hours until it’s fully bonded
– There may be small strings of glue from the E600. Go back after the cards are bonded and clean them up a little bit (maybe as you’re stuffing envelopes)
– Make the belly bands on the tighter side when you’re putting them on. In my experience, they’re looser than you think they are. You don’t want the belly band to slip off when you put it in or take it our of the invitations.
Steps to assembling pop up invitations (with pictures):